Thursday, October 29, 2020

CSIT 155 FA - GBurke - Week 10 Email Marketing

 Email Marketing

1. My company sends a monthly email promotion which is intended to both introduce customers to potential new products and also inform which industries may use these products. So at least 12 times a year we are either introducing something new or attempting to resurrect a new product launch.

We sell casters and wheels and I am in charge of growing our sales so everything we do to generate sales. Our customers are looking for new products to promote. Currently, our customer base is 60% distribution and 40% OEM. 

Most of the promotions of all our promotions are aimed specifically at our dealers that may be unaware of our newest products or we tend to recycle some existing products and we are trying to remind them and solicit new orders.

We try to balance the amount information we send out and with short email blasts that are attached at the bottom of our email signatures.

We are not sending out newsletters.  Personally, I receive a ton of random, unsolicited emails for business promotions and almost 95% of the time I hit the delete button. I just don't have the time or interest to read everything sent to me.

I can only think of a view such type of emails that I might open up and check out to see if there are any specials that might be interesting. I do read the emails from Omaha Steaks, and Harry & David to see if there are any food specials that may perk my interest. But both companies overwhelm you with daily emails so that can get annoying. 

2. The information that my business is trying to convey is specific and aimed at a certain target market segment. For example, we have identified the electronic rack and enclosure industry as a new growth sector. Many social networking companies are now investing in their own hardware services and we have provided casters casters for Facebook, Salesforce, and Google. So we created a mailer for these type of customers. The business machine caster listed below is an example.

I am enclosing a few other examples of some email signature promotions that we have used this year. With the Pandemic I have had to change our strategy for reaching customers. Only within the last month or so have I made any in-person sales calls. 

I sell casters and wheels which are used in an industrial applications. This is a niche market and I have found that most of my customers are interested in short, bullet point type of presentations.













Part 2.

I commented Palomar Sports, Julia's Deserts, and Jumping Jelly Bean. Some good ideas. I think the newsletter that Jumping Jelly Bean  wants to send out monthly is a great way to connect with your customers.

1 comment:

  1. Having good targeted specific information to share makes a great news letter. I can imagine you do great with your e-mail marketing lists. This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

CSIT 155 FA 20 GregB - Week 16 Wrapping it Up

When I first started thinking about taking this class I  discussed this with our owner and her response was that Social Media was primarily ...