Thursday, August 27, 2020

Week #1 My Template and Weekly Blog

I chose this template because I like the vivid color.  I am hoping this class helps me gain an understanding on social media and how I can use it to expand my companies business. Currently, we do next to nothing with social media and I hope I can change that.

We do use LinkedIn for some announcements regarding new products but that is the extent of our social media campaign.

I think LinkedIn and Twitter are probably the best avenues for promoting our business but perhaps there are others that can help us. My company has received any value from participating in LinkedIn. I can't think of a single incident where someone actually contacted regarding our products through social media. I am sure that is a reflection of how poorly we promote it.

Facebook is probably the best social media website for personal connections but I don't use it and I am not a big fan of Mark Zuckerberg. However, I do realize this is the most popular way to stay in touch with family and friends.

Personally, I am a private person and keep a low profile. Maybe by taking this class I will be more open to sharing personal information online. Just have to wait and see.

Regards,

Greg B

2 comments:

  1. Hi Greg,
    I love the background you chose. I like vivid colors as well and I like the pattern you chose. I think I would like to see what the center square would look like if it was just a hint lighter than the background to make it stand out a bit more, but overall, I really like the format you chose.


    I'm not a big fan of Zuckerberg either, but I recognize the value of Facebook. Thankfully, we don't to "friend" him when to use it. I can't stand listening to his mumbling explanations to the Senate or Congress as he seemingly avoids taking any personal responsibility to make FB a safer place.

    Personally, I think LinkedIn has a fairly "dry" and practical approach to business. I think it's a great place for B2B type of connections, like services. That's just what I get from it. I don't think people really go onto it to socialize or get inspired. I don't know what your business is, but if it's a product, you might be better off in another social media where you can be more visible and interactive with customers. I heard that Instagram is a great platform and is an up and coming way to sell products, although I don't know why. (Looking forward to seeing if that's true in this class). Facebook definitely had a big audience to sell to also and it's very visual. I think consumers appreciate that.

    I'm also taking this class to understand Social Media better. I've never been much on sharing personal information on public platforms, but I also enjoy seeing friends and family posts. I would like to learn the ins and outs of these Social Media platforms so I can maximize their ability to do business and learn how to secure my personal information better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI! I really like the red tones, It works! I am also a private person, i try to stray away from anything social on the internet. Sometimes for some its more better to branch out online. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete

CSIT 155 FA 20 GregB - Week 16 Wrapping it Up

When I first started thinking about taking this class I  discussed this with our owner and her response was that Social Media was primarily ...