Monday, September 14, 2020

FA20 CSIT - 155 GregB - Week #3 Homework Developing Your Brand

 I am going to try and help my company develop a Logo that will tell customers exactly what we do and the specific products that we manufacture. My thought was creating a picture of our main product and highlight this in either white or black and have a red back ground to help illustrate our products. I like the color of red and this conveys strength.

Our products are marketed to both OEM and Industrial MRO markets and I would like the colors to indicate strength and offer a professional looking appearance.

We go to market in 4 separate ways.

We sell large customer direct, we sell through industrial distributors, we sell through catalog houses, and finally, we sell through companies that market strictly through the internet. This is a growing sector for us and it is important that we convey a look that attracts the attention of our customers.

Our typical customer is a purchasing agent. Traditionally, this was someone we would reach out to and visit. Now, with the restrictions due to Covid we are having to reinvent our marketing to reach customers through the internet. And I can tell you this is not easily accomplished.

So my goal is to come up with a flashy log and brand identification that conveys our expertise and services.

I would like to use a large font, with something eye catching. I have numerous competitors and definitely looking for a look that helps us stand out.

The competition is tough and since there is a push to buy American this could change how our customers view our company. We import and our subject to the tariffs that are affecting China.

So I need to sharpen our marketing tools to make sure we stay relevant and necessary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CSIT 155 FA 20 GregB - Week 16 Wrapping it Up

When I first started thinking about taking this class I  discussed this with our owner and her response was that Social Media was primarily ...