Sunday, October 4, 2020

CSIT - 155 - FA20 - GregB Week #6 Facebook Strategy - Part 1

7 Like Businesses

I chose 5 competitors and two large ends users that purchase from my company.

Competitor #1  - Caster Concepts

This is a small competitor based in MI that sells products to the Aerospace and Automotive Industries. I chose them because we recently started supplying them components and I hope to expand this aspect of our business. They are not considered a dealer but more of a competitor that happens to buy from us. We have relatively, friendly, relationship and I expect to sell them more of our products throughout 2020 into 2021.

Competitor #2  -RWM Casters

Very similar situation. RWM buys some special products and resales them as part of their product offering. Currently, purchase about $10,000 a year and we are always open to supplying them more product. I listed them so I can keep track and see if they are offering anything new.

Competitor #3  -Darnell Rose Casters

Darnell Casters is a long time customer that buys over $100,000 a year from us and uses several wheels which are components and they resell these items as part of the marketing mix.

Competitor# 4 - Hamilton Casters & Wheels

Hamilton Casters is based in OH and we recently started private labeling products for them under their name. They have bought consistently from us for the last decade and are more focused in purchasing more items from us.

Competitor#5 - Trio Pines Casters

Trio Pines Casters is one of my largest competitors. They import product from both Korea and China. I go toe to toe with them in the marketplace and listed them so I can keep track and see if they are promoting any new products.

Boeing Aerospace - #6 

Historically, Boeing has purchased a significant amount of our products which are used on dollies and equipment. Every time Boeing introduces a new Airplane they have budgeted for all new tooling fixtures and they would spend lavishly on all new casters and wheels. However, with all their current production problems Boeing is now struggling and have cut their purchasing down to less then 5% of what they had been buying. I listed them to keep track of any new developments.

Costco - #7

I sell Costco all their casters and wheels which are used on all the mobile equipment that are used in stores throughout the world. This is a rather large account for my company and I need to keep in constant contact with this customer to see they are producing any new equipment. They use our casters and wheels on their shopping carts, platform carts, and all portable equipment within the store. Business has been growing at a rate of 15% a year and I expect this to continue in 2021. Costco is expanding into Asia and we expect this market segment to grow despite the on-going Covid Crisis.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CSIT 155 FA 20 GregB - Week 16 Wrapping it Up

When I first started thinking about taking this class I  discussed this with our owner and her response was that Social Media was primarily ...